Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Moi et Mes Amis!

Bonsoir, tout le monde!

I wanted to introduce you to mes amis, or my friends. In America, I have a lot more friends in just a few years than I managed to pull together in a decade and a few years in Monaco. I suppose I just can relate to my American friends a bit better. Without further ado; here are a few of my very good American friends!

Here is my good friend Ava. She's very funny! She has a lot of weird jokes that never fail to make me laugh. She loves frilly and flirty dresses and skirts, but in really dark purples and blacks.  She has a really dark personality and sense of humor, which is pretty different from mine. Opposites attract!

Here I am with another gooad friend; Marisol! She's a totally cool dancer and current captain of the cheer squad. Around here, cheer is the really big thing. I'm not much of a cheerleader, though, so I like to play volleyball. Anyways, Marisol is one of my very first American friends. She's a little older than most of us, so it's pretty cool that she approached me first.  On my first day of class here, I was terrified to even talk! But, Marisol made me feel a lot more comfortable by talking to me. She introduced me to all of her friends, and basically everyone in my classes. I still cherish her friendship.  

Another photo of us, because Marisol is in my dorm and watching me write this. She insisted on me posting both. She's currently rolling her eyes, mon Dieu! 



And last but not least, my girl Rena! She was also one of my very first American friends. She's actually from Russia with her twin brother, Keanu. She's been here with her Aunt and Uncle since she was a little girl, though, so she doesn't remember nearly anything about Russia. She's taught me a few words of Russian since I've been here, but I don't want to attempt to write any out; the Russian language is NOT easy! Anyways, Rena is a very sweet and sensitive girl. She's a model and an artist. We actually draw a lot, it's lots of fun. She wants to be a fashion designer when she leaves PVA. 

And that's about it! I actually have quite a few more friends I'd like to talk about, but I didn't get the chance to take photos with them before I wrote this post out. Marisol wants us to go down to the Chinese restaurant now, so it's time to sign off.  I've been so much better about updating already! Two posts in the past week or so, yaaay! I plan to update about this much or a bit more per week. I have a lot of exciting things I'm planning to do soon, so I will have more stuff to update you next time.

A bientôt,
    -Violet


1 comment:

  1. Hey Violet,

    Your friends are very pretty - almost as pretty as you, LOL! Ava and Marisol look so much alike. Coincidence, much? They look like one of my own best friends, Chiara. She's Italian. Rena sounds cool, too, but I agree! Russian is hard! Inky has tried to teach me, but I can barely manage to utter "Privyet". Another difficult language is Polish, let me tell you...and I'm half Polish myself. French has nothing on Polish.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete